We hope and intend that this set of actions helps build an unassailable force of tens of millions of Americans from all walks of life and all parts of this great country who will soon, if necessary, participate in a series of massive strikes, if that’s what it will take to persuade the current administration and Congress to heed our message:
- STOP the authoritarian assault on our fundamental, constitutional rights, the very things that have truly made America great;
- STOP attacking and victimizing women, Muslims, immigrants, racial and ethnic groups, the LGBTQ+ community, working families, journalists, and all who offer criticisms of the Administration’s policies including the U.S. judicial branch;
- REALIZE America’s true greatness by upholding the values of inclusivity not exclusivity.
On behalf of so many patriotic Americans, we hope this opening effort provides a beacon for others who share our concerns and who search for a way to “do something” constructive to push back against the President and the current administration’s abhorrent policies and behavior.
We look at February 17, 2017 as a day to seed more such outpourings, and unite us in saying:
- NO to attacks on our marginalized communities
- NO to attacks on constructive critics within and outside government
- NO to attacks on our constitutionally guaranteed rights
- NO to attacks on our environment
- NO to attacks on working families
- NO to attacks on public education